New Feature: Service Awards Achievement System
If you've played HAWKEN since the Technician Update went live, you've no doubt heard the fanfare of earning one of our new Service Awards. These achievements reward pilots for playing the game and reaching certain milestones, such as eliminating a mech (Terminator 1), eliminating 25 mechs (Terminator 2), or eliminating 1,000 mechs (Terminator 5).
Viewing Your Service Award Record
We've added over 300 Service Awards to HAWKEN in this patch. Any time you earn an award, the name appears with a fanfare in the corner of your screen along with a cool emblem, like the ones shown above. To see which Service Awards you've earned and which ones you're still working toward, click on your callsign in-game and select the Service Awards tab.
This tab shows your total achievement points and the number of Service Awards you've unlocked out of the total, along with a list of awards, complete with descriptions. Progress bars are also shown to help you keep track of longer-term awards like Demolition 5 (deal 5 million points of damage to enemy mechs)!
You can view the Service Award descriptions by category (General, Game Modes, Mech Specific, Maps) and sub-category, and even filter the list to only show achievements that are in progress, completed, or not yet started within those divisions. The sub-categories are:
- General: Damage/Repair, Eliminations, Kill Streaks, Mobility, Play Time, Misc
- Game Modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Missile Assault, Siege
- Mech Specific: Type-A Light, Type-B Medium, Type-C Heavy
- Maps: Bazaar, Facility, Front Line, Origin, Prosk, Uptown
In addition to earning achievement points, which you can use for bragging rights with your friends, many Service Awards also reward players with HAWKEN Credits. These rewards range from 50 HC for easy awards like Assistant 1 (assist in the elimination of an enemy mech) up to 2,500 HC for awards that place you amongst the most dedicated pilots (On the Clock 3, awarded for playing 100 hours of HAWKEN)!
Below are some of our favorite Service Awards, how to get achieve them, and the reward they give.
- Thank You for Flying 1: Eliminate an enemy mech while it's in the air (25 AP, 100 HC)
- I've Made a Huge Mistake: Deal over 10,000 damage to yourself with your own explosive weapons (25 AP, 250 HC)
- Neo: Quick Dodge 1,000 times (10 AP, 150 HC)
- You're My Only Hope: Drop a holo-taunt (10 AP, 50 HC)
- You Sunk My Battleship: Land the killing blow on the enemy battleship with your weapons (50 AP, 100 HC)
Which ones are your favorites? Come back after you've unlocked a few and tell us which ones you like best!