HAWKEN servers are up and our April Update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Jump to content


Known Issues for Current Steam Build


Known Issues for Current Steam Build

Greetings pilots!

Our first wave of emails containing Steam Keys are being deployed today, so some of you should be able to start playing our Steam Update soon!

Please remember that you will be experiencing an early version of this next update and there will be some issues. Part of the reason we're allowing our existing players advance access is so we can find these problems and make sure they're fixed for our full February release.

Please be aware of the following issues:

  • Connection issues have been frequent and we're working on a permanent solution.
  • Players may experience intermittent issues with social features
  • Joining through Server Browser will sometimes result in a "Join Game Failed" error on the first attempt, but the second attempt should be successful
  • The client enters an unresponsive state when pressing Alt+Tab immediately after launching the game
  • When playing on Last Eco on 32 Bit systems, players receive a "Ran out of memory" error
  • Occasional crashes can occur when transitioning from the Last Eco map
  • VOIP may not always be functioning correctly
  • On the post-match results screen, players may experience hitching and lag
  • Purchasing several items at once can cause a "Purchase Failed" error
If you discover any additional bugs or issues, please report them in our Bug Reports forum!



Back to HAWKEN News


73 Comments


leviestrada
Feb 05 2014 06:14 PM
thx for the update I'm glad you keep working on it

damn this downloading time is eternal...
Ping is also a problem. My ping is normal 30-40... now it is spiking to 180+ and back down to 100. It is completely unplayable.

[HWK]HUGHES
Feb 05 2014 06:33 PM

View PostOmegaNull, on February 05 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Ping is also a problem. My ping is normal 30-40... now it is spiking to 180+ and back down to 100. It is completely unplayable.

What server are you playing on when you have those spikes?
Can we get PATCH NOTES? The game is out on Steam already but I can't find change log anywhere on this site or on Steam.

[HWK]HUGHES
Feb 05 2014 06:53 PM

View PostGumby789, on February 05 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can we get PATCH NOTES? The game is out on Steam already but I can't find change log anywhere on this site or on Steam.

We've stated that those will be out by Friday of this week. Remember only a limited number of players have access to the build at this moment.
There is an issue in siege where the AA does not do damage to the ship

Misaniovent
Feb 05 2014 07:09 PM

View PostRequiem132, on February 05 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

There is an issue in siege where the AA does not do damage to the ship

Well that's awkward.

fingerknitter
Feb 05 2014 07:45 PM
I will see if I can finish my homework so I can give it a go tonight (might have to wait until tomorrow though :'/ )
Well well, as expected from Steam, an otherwise fine game falling apart - not to mention the lack of choice to avoid contaminating a computer with Steam if Hawken is to be played. Too bad.

View PostÖdeMärz, on February 05 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well well, as expected from Steam, an otherwise fine game falling apart - not to mention the lack of choice to avoid contaminating a computer with Steam if Hawken is to be played. Too bad.
These are bugs they will fix before the full release, and not, I repeat, NOT the end of Hawken.

View PostAregon, on February 05 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostÖdeMärz, on February 05 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well well, as expected from Steam, an otherwise fine game falling apart - not to mention the lack of choice to avoid contaminating a computer with Steam if Hawken is to be played. Too bad.
These are bugs they will fix before the full release, and not, I repeat, NOT the end of Hawken.

Of course it isn't, it's just currently sub-standard due to the move to Steam. A Steam option is still fine. What is not fine, is the dependency on it, not having the OPTION of avoiding Steam, or any other third party software if wanting play Hawken.

DreamedArtist
Feb 05 2014 10:21 PM
So far from what I seen, Repair drone animation disappears and if you shift dodge while repairing the sound screws up  some times.
and spawned twice with no weapons lol

i'll post more if I see anything odd but yeah that's pretty much it, Nice work on the new patch I LOVE IT! :D <3

View PostÖdeMärz, on February 05 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well well, as expected from Steam, an otherwise fine game falling apart - not to mention the lack of choice to avoid contaminating a computer with Steam if Hawken is to be played. Too bad.

It's almost like they're shooting for profit or something
With the new Mech-anics put in place, the game went to fuzzy bunny.
ALL high-tier Light Mechs completely obliterate others, even heavies.
As a player who only owns the first 3 mechs, I find myself lying on a floor as wreck every time I enter an encounter. E.g.: My Brawler in defensive form facing a light mech, getting shot at from the front, I deal about 30% damage while he destroys me from 90% health...

In the previous patch I hada fighting chance even against top players, now I feel like I'm just there to be a target.

EliteShooter
Feb 06 2014 12:25 AM

Lothet, on February 06 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

With the new Mech-anics put in place, the game went to fuzzy bunny.
ALL high-tier Light Mechs completely obliterate others, even heavies.
As a player who only owns the first 3 mechs, I find myself lying on a floor as wreck every time I enter an encounter. E.g.: My Brawler in defensive form facing a light mech, getting shot at from the front, I deal about 30% damage while he destroys me from 90% health...

In the previous patch I hada fighting chance even against top players, now I feel like I'm just there to be a target.

Play tech !
hey people!!!!!!!!!!   can anibody from here to help me right?  I have an old issue  that it  seems  not even the administrators of Hawken didin t  solve it ......from the beginning  I couldn t activate my account....why it s happening that?  I was sending a few requests  to the Hawken staff to solve this problem...but...with no result...so...in the end,,,,,,i will not be able to receive the secret key that they will sent to me....sorry for my bad English but I am from Romania....I hope you will help me to solve this big issue....((((  I mentioned that I tried to change my e mail from yahoo to g mail......but the same results....not working.....Regards from Romania pilots!!
Is it intentional that the SQUAD MATCH feature is limited to US only?

Raptor1312, on February 06 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

hey people!!!!!!!!!!   can anibody from here to help me right?  I have an old issue  that it  seems  not even the administrators of Hawken didin t  solve it ......from the beginning  I couldn t activate my account....why it s happening that?  I was sending a few requests  to the Hawken staff to solve this problem...but...with no result...so...in the end,,,,,,i will not be able to receive the secret key that they will sent to me....sorry for my bad English but I am from Romania....I hope you will help me to solve this big issue....((((  I mentioned that I tried to change my e mail from yahoo to g mail......but the same results....not working.....Regards from Romania pilots!!
Hi Raptor1312, what account are you trying to activate? Steam? If yes, i did it like this:
1. Created Account on Steam
2. Installed Steam-Client
3. Started Steam und logged in
4. ... now a message is shown in the Client, where i could say that "this" is my current email
5. I received a mail with a link for verification
6. klicked that link and now my Steam-Account is "activ"
hey ckc my friend......I don t know how to say for understanding me...((.......they don t validate my accout even from the beginning of my career....so I can t receive any stuff from Meteor...and.....if  you understand now what am I intend to say  ,,, can t receive their key .....couse   they don t validate my account from the beggineig......my mail doesn  t work   ...this is  all about......

12345101000010001
Feb 06 2014 04:27 AM

Raptor1312, on February 06 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

hey people!!!!!!!!!!   can anibody from here to help me right?  I have an old issue  that it  seems  not even the administrators of Hawken didin t  solve it ......from the beginning  I couldn t activate my account....why it s happening that?  I was sending a few requests  to the Hawken staff to solve this problem...but...with no result...so...in the end,,,,,,i will not be able to receive the secret key that they will sent to me....sorry for my bad English but I am from Romania....I hope you will help me to solve this big issue....((((  I mentioned that I tried to change my e mail from yahoo to g mail......but the same results....not working.....Regards from Romania pilots!!
Mda e normal...daca te-ai inregistrat acu,deoarece cu noul update cei care s-au inregistrat mai nou nu pot intra in joc pana pe 11 februarie...adica peste inca 5 zile de acu.Macar stiu ca mai sunt si cativa piloti romani.

12345101000010001
Feb 06 2014 04:27 AM

Raptor1312, on February 06 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

hey ckc my friend......I don t know how to say for understanding me...((.......they don t validate my accout even from the beginning of my career....so I can t receive any stuff from Meteor...and.....if  you understand now what am I intend to say  ,,, can t receive their key .....couse   they don t validate my account from the beggineig......my mail doesn  t work   ...this is  all about......
If you registred now,the game won't give you the acces untill 11 february

MasterVirusHack
Feb 06 2014 06:27 AM
Ahhh , I need this code , i can't wait ! =)

psychozzilla
Feb 06 2014 08:59 AM
my opinion of new realease:
i dislike:
1-new form of EMP.. i prefer old for long range.
2-no tuning.. i prefer to personalize my mech.. all can have a same power tuning mech.. but i prefer to have a possibility to change.
3-and i really hate new short armor.. ahh come on.. there is not fighting.. no duel.. i take two hellfire and some bullets and i am die with a medium mech.. new i prefer long duel to have possibility to combat and to exploit all abilities of my mech and mine abilities.. new player same.. cant test all abilities with these fast kills.
the risk is that you spend most of the time to go back and forth to the battlefield because of fast births rather than play in the fight.
but i like all other work on the game.
please read this and value

Superkamikazee
Feb 06 2014 09:02 AM
Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the official release.

View PostÖdeMärz, on February 05 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well well, as expected from Steam, an otherwise fine game falling apart - not to mention the lack of choice to avoid contaminating a computer with Steam if Hawken is to be played. Too bad.

Used steam for 8 years, never once seen a "contamination" of any kind, what specifically seems to be the issue with your install :P