- Summary: While in a match, my mech gets "teleported" to a somewhat distant spot around where I was a few moments earlier, or sometimes in the area I wanted to be, but my mech appears to get stuck in the level geometry while producing 4 "Mismatch!!!!" warnings at the bottom left of the screen. While I can still fire and look around, the screen becomes jittery, as though there's a collision problem. Most often this results in my death, as I can no longer dodge bullets. I may be able to aim, but I'm usually looking around to see why I got stuck. So far, this has happened in Prosk and Origin, usually around where a wall meets a floor, or where the floor is uneven.
- Steps to Reproduce: Uncertain. However, it appears to happen while being fired upon and I'm trying to dodge.
- Frequency: Becoming more frequent with each patch, it seems. I never encountered this problem in CBE2 or CBE3, but it happened a couple times in OB. This weekend, it happened 4 times.
- Severity: 5
- Additional Notes: I've given this report a severity of 5 due to its game-breaking qualities and increasing frequency. It feels as though it may be related to the way the game handles latency and collision.
- System Specs: Win 7 64bit, 8GB RAM, Geforce 560 Ti, Linksys router, and Scientific Atlanta cable modem.
"Mismatch!!!!" error, causes teleportation, stuck mech
Posted January 06 2013 - 01:42 PM
Posted January 06 2013 - 01:50 PM
Posted January 06 2013 - 02:03 PM
Steps to reproduce: Join server geographically far away from current location. (e.g. If located on western coastal region of north america, join servers on east coast.) Wait for 6-12 players to join. Watch ping skyrocket from 100+ to 300+. "Mismatch!!!" notification appears for the duration ping is high. If sufficient players leave server, ping will drop back to 100+, and "Mismatch!!!" error should cease.
I will say, though, I've had plenty of teleporting latency issues in previous game builds as well, but none quite like this Mismatch.
Edited by Conquistador, January 06 2013 - 02:09 PM.
Posted January 06 2013 - 09:58 PM
In the last 3 hours I got this error 3 more times. I believe this time it was only in Prosk or Snow Prosk. In addition, it occurred when I was not being fired upon, so I'm guessing that's not a requirement.
I'm usually in the 160 ping range when this happens, though my ping has occasionally skyrocketted to 300+ for a few moments in past games. I'm not sure if that's what's happening when this particular error occurrs, but I'll definitely try to check next time it happens.
Posted January 21 2013 - 05:18 PM
I've been getting this bug just as frequently, but today I was standing completely still in Uptown in a TDM match, then suddenly I was teleported about 20-30 meters from where I was standing, followed by the Mismatch error. My ping was around 140.
Posted January 23 2013 - 02:25 PM
Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.
Posted January 23 2013 - 03:31 PM
Edited by Conquistador, January 23 2013 - 03:32 PM.
Posted January 25 2013 - 11:26 PM
I'll try playing using just the cable modem and will report back. Thx for the suggestion.
Posted January 30 2013 - 11:06 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users