HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

"Mismatch!!!!" error, causes teleportation, stuck mech

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 01:42 PM

• Summary: While in a match, my mech gets "teleported" to a somewhat distant spot around where I was a few moments earlier, or sometimes in the area I wanted to be, but my mech appears to get stuck in the level geometry while producing 4 "Mismatch!!!!" warnings at the bottom left of the screen. While I can still fire and look around, the screen becomes jittery, as though there's a collision problem. Most often this results in my death, as I can no longer dodge bullets. I may be able to aim, but I'm usually looking around to see why I got stuck. So far, this has happened in Prosk and Origin, usually around where a wall meets a floor, or where the floor is uneven.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Uncertain. However, it appears to happen while being fired upon and I'm trying to dodge.
  • Frequency: Becoming more frequent with each patch, it seems. I never encountered this problem in CBE2 or CBE3, but it happened a couple times in OB. This weekend, it happened 4 times.
  • Severity: 5
  • Additional Notes: I've given this report a severity of 5 due to its game-breaking qualities and increasing frequency. It feels as though it may be related to the way the game handles latency and collision.
  • System Specs: Win 7 64bit, 8GB RAM, Geforce 560 Ti, Linksys router, and Scientific Atlanta cable modem.
Attached File  Mismatch!!!!.jpg   140.13K   26 downloads

#2 Rerugan

Rerugan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted January 06 2013 - 01:50 PM

Same here, only started seeing this after the latest patch though. Things like warping/teleporting while having a fine ping, and random places where you start bouncing up and down like crazy.
"The quiescent one".

#3 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 06 2013 - 02:03 PM

Since you're not sure how this is happening, allow me to fill in the gaps.

Steps to reproduce: Join server geographically far away from current location. (e.g. If located on western coastal region of north america, join servers on east coast.) Wait for 6-12 players to join. Watch ping skyrocket from 100+ to 300+. "Mismatch!!!" notification appears for the duration ping is high. If sufficient players leave server, ping will drop back to 100+, and "Mismatch!!!" error should cease.

I will say, though, I've had plenty of teleporting latency issues in previous game builds as well, but none quite like this Mismatch.

Edited by Conquistador, January 06 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image

#4 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the added info, Conquistador. :)

Additional info:
In the last 3 hours I got this error 3 more times. I believe this time it was only in Prosk or Snow Prosk. In addition, it occurred when I was not being fired upon, so I'm guessing that's not a requirement.

I'm usually in the 160 ping range when this happens, though my ping has occasionally skyrocketted to 300+ for a few moments in past games. I'm not sure if that's what's happening when this particular error occurrs, but I'll definitely try to check next time it happens.

#5 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 05:18 PM

New info:

I've been getting this bug just as frequently, but today I was standing completely still in Uptown in a TDM match, then suddenly I was teleported about 20-30 meters from where I was standing, followed by the Mismatch error. My ping was around 140.

#6 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted January 23 2013 - 02:25 PM

If you happen to be using WiFi, we've seen this issue arise due to the link between the player's PC & router not being strong enough. Upgrading to 11g (150mbps) has resolved this issue for a number of players.

Thanks!
-ZamboniChaos

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#7 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted January 23 2013 - 03:31 PM

I haven't seen this error since I started hard linking my computer to the cable, So this would support your hypothesis.

Edited by Conquistador, January 23 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

#8 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 11:26 PM

I suspected this may have been the case, so I used a cable instead. Still getting the issue, but I'm still connecting through the WiFi router.

I'll try playing using just the cable modem and will report back. Thx for the suggestion. :)

#9 RedSamovary

RedSamovary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 30 2013 - 11:06 AM

i saw this on one of my matches it was wierd... good to know that trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users