HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

MX 510

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 x1aa

x1aa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 07:51 AM

Does anybody know any source where i can buy this mouse unused?
I am willed to spend a lot money!

It was the best mouse i ever had!
"Your attack has been rendered harmless. It is, however, quite pretty."
—Saprazzan vizier

#2 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 03:29 PM

What about the 518?
Posted Image

#3 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 08:42 AM

The MX518 is essentially the same as the MX510, but with DOUBLE the resolution (DPI)!  You can switch DPI within the game.  Also extra options available in the Setpoint software (though if you're not gonna change any settings then don't bother installing the software; DPI is independent of software).  Also it's lighter than the MX510.

The only issue you'll have is that the + and - buttons near the scrollwheel are now used for changing DPI, not for scrolling through documents.  You'll have to get used to it.

Now, if you don't want to spend that much money then get the G400, which is an "updated" version of the MX518.  It has DOUBLE the DPI of the MX518, which is 4 times the DPI of the MX510.  But according to Logitech:-

"Due to customer request, Angle Snapping(prediction, drift control) has been removed on the G400. Product ID(PID) starting with 13333 and higher have angle snapping removed."

So I guess that's a good thing.

Finally, you might as well go with the G500 because it has programmable macros and other improvements like rough surface grips vs cheap rubber-over-plastic covering which can peel off later on.  Also it has customizable weights and it has 3 large rubber feet vs the typical small 5 rubber feet.  Other cool things too which you can read up on yourself.  Oh, and it's like $10 more.

Edited by machmanx, January 26 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#4 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postmachmanx, on January 26 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Finally, you might as well go with the G500 because it has programmable macros and other improvements like rough surface grips vs cheap rubber-over-plastic covering which can peel off later on.  Also it has customizable weights and it has 3 large rubber feet vs the typical small 5 rubber feet.  Other cool things too which you can read up on yourself.  Oh, and it's like $10 more.
This is the one I use.

Ill probably get a new one since I am so comfortable with it now. . . Mine is on the verge of breaking.
Posted Image

#5 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 26 2013 - 07:06 PM

I use the G400 and I travel with my 518. They're the same mouse just different looks and less prediction on the G400 so it's actually better. Got mine for $25 on sale.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#6 x1aa

x1aa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yea, was using the g500 already, but mousebuttons were broke after 2 months. So i sent it back.
Right now I am using the G300 which is much smaller compared to the g500 and it feels like the sensor is not any near to the g500.
But somehow I adopted to that and it performs very well for unknown reason.

Thanks for all your replies, guess will try out the 518.

*hands over some beer*
"Your attack has been rendered harmless. It is, however, quite pretty."
—Saprazzan vizier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users