HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Will there be some sort of penalty given to those who leave team matches?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Falcar

Falcar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:33 AM

I cant think of a quicker way of putting people off playing altogether. Sometimes people have to suddenly go out or get disconected, or for what ever reason, to have the abillity to play what you want when you want is all a part of gaming, and if you want to rage quit, fine its up to you.

such a ludicrus suggestion, ive never known this ^ in gaming before.

Edit: remember that Hawken is rife with BSOD's at the moment, do not mistake this for rage quiters or ant other type of walker offer.

Edited by Falcar, January 23 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#22 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostPlanckZero, on January 23 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

While we're at it how about a penalty for the god awful team mates that push people to quit early?

Do you think people enjoy joining a match and noticing each of their teammates is up to double digit deaths without any kills or assists?

I've never quit a match after joining a team with lots of deaths. People who quit right away because of that piss me off even more than those who get frustrated and leave early in a match.. I've pulled around matches late in the game for wins just by being that extra person they needed to help push back the other team or direct my team what to do. I think quitting because you find yourself on the losing side is lame no matter what. Calling it "having standards" is just an excuse for saying you're upset with possibly losing.

Edited by nokari, January 23 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted January 23 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostPlanckZero, on January 23 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

That's called having standards.  Some people value their time and would rather find something better to do than watch the opposing team play target practice.

"Rage quitting" in this case is the excuse people that play poorly make to rationalize why no one wants to watch them repeatedly respawn and run into the same funnel of death for 10-15 minutes.

If you've done nothing to help them (offer advice, run as their wingman and keep an eye on them, etc.) then you've just rage quit without making any contribution to improving the player-base and the situation as a whole.

#24 Rumblebottom

Rumblebottom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 11:30 AM

Saying you wish someone would get a penalty for leaving a match sounds an awful lot to me like: I'm one of those people who like to beat up on noobs who have no chance to get even a single kill and I'm disappointed that my targets leave before I've had my fill of farming.

It's not fun for a new player, or any player, to get killed repeatedly because one team has a kid on it with every mech at level 25 and too much time on his hands. When this game has matches tailored better to player skill you will see a lot more competitive games with a lot less drop outs. Right now it's not like this.
Posted Image

#25 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostFalcar, on January 23 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

I cant think of a quicker way of putting people off playing altogether. Sometimes people have to suddenly go out or get disconected, or for what ever reason, to have the abillity to play what you want when you want is all a part of gaming, and if you want to rage quit, fine its up to you.

such a ludicrus suggestion, ive never known this ^ in gaming before.

Edit: remember that Hawken is rife with BSOD's at the moment, do not mistake this for rage quiters or ant other type of walker offer.

This.  How do you differentiate through code between a rage quit and a situation where someone had to quit for non game reasons.

How about if I miss leave match before the scoreboard screen ends and I do it once I get sent to the new server?

Maybe an incremental scale of time penalty would work because if I am really leaving to do something else it does not matter to me.  

As others have said, given the current match making, you cannot implement something like this.  No one wants to join a slaughter or for the most part participate in one for another 10 minutes.  Someone mentioned mercy rules in another thread, if it is a total slaughter, maybe the game should end early and the matchmaker should give it another go.  

#26 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted January 23 2013 - 11:50 AM

heh.. i am sure there will be no penalty in next few month. game crashes to often. i have to restart hawken min 2 times each day.

Posted Image

#27 L07H

L07H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted January 23 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostPlanckZero, on January 23 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostL07H, on January 23 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostPlanckZero, on January 23 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

While we're at it how about a penalty for the god awful team mates that push people to quit early?

Do you think people enjoy joining a match and noticing each of their teammates is up to double digit deaths without any kills or assists?

If you voluntarily leave a match because you have a player on your team whose performance you disapprove of, then that is ragequitting.

That's called having standards.  Some people value their time and would rather find something better to do than watch the opposing team play target practice.

"Rage quitting" in this case is the excuse people that play poorly make to rationalize why no one wants to watch them repeatedly respawn and run into the same funnel of death for 10-15 minutes.

"Do you think people enjoy joining a match and noticing each of their teammates is up to double digit deaths without any kills or assists?"

There was some miscommunication here on my part. First, let me confirm what I think you're saying by giving an example since we might be talking about different situations:

The situation of the match is:

1. There are five players on each team.

2. One team has a "PlayerX" who has zero kills, 15 deaths, and zero assists.

3. Every other player is doing okay on either team.

4. PlayerX's poor performance is causing your team to lose.

Are you going to leave the match?

Also,after reading the forum thread below, I posted a response there today:

http://community.pla...it/page__st__40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users