HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Noobs and EMP

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 23 2013 - 05:41 PM

wow everybody is here again.

I thought EMP was OK. I was wrong. I loved it because when I was still wet behind the ears and new to hawken, I had not come across any good players.

EMP is only good for killing other new players. An experience Player will kill you and then target you for the rest of the game. If your lucky. They may get the entire enemy team on you. Chat flame aside, you will not make any friends.

As you will be only killing new players, they may leave the game entriely. "EMP'D AGAIN THIS SUCKS!!" followed by ragequit <-- kills the game

I take great pleasure in evading any Pilot who EMP's me. If I manage to kill him that's a good feeling!

Once you get rid of the EMP you benefit from the additional DPS that the MG-turret, RT-turret and HE-charge gives when deployed correctly. Also you stop rushing in to EMP and Kill. Inevitably this tactic leaves you with low HP and makes you an easy kill for the next guy. So without EMP you play better tactically and not getting merc'd in Killboxes all the time.

Once this Item is adjusted tomorrow, you will see a river of QQ from the Pilots that were relying on this Crutch. Once you hit level 12 you have all your unlocks so no why use. Half the time you just EMP yourself anyway lol it's a cowards item.

#EDIT:

Q: Why do i get targetted if i use EMP?

A: You may think it is petty or that you are being singled out, however if you are using an Item considered OP. You will be rated a higher threat. This makes you a target! So if anyone sees a player use an EMP. Chances are next time they are seen they may use again. So if you want to Paint crosshairs over your Mech use EMP.

It's a big slow green thing and it very hard to miss / tell where it came from

Edited by Tomino_sama, January 23 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#42 andythebomb

andythebomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Location24

Posted January 23 2013 - 08:33 PM

How bout this? We all use emp and drive away any new players as the game population dwindles and the money from in game transactions disappears meteor will finally enable a drastic change and balance the deplorably.

#43 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:08 PM

EMP is good, it fries the computer grid or shuts down system. In the end its a matter of choice we take to use or not use the EMP

so I myself encourage all to use EMP

really we should all give this EMP story a rest and burry this topic for good .

sincerely and repectfully ,

Omega22

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#44 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 23 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postandythebomb, on January 23 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

How bout this? We all use emp and drive away any new players as the game population dwindles and the money from in game transactions disappears meteor will finally enable a drastic change and balance the deplorably.
And almost nobody comes back because the game becomes infamous for being spammy and un-fun....
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users