HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is Hawken POPULAR?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 13 2013 - 09:35 AM

I've invited all of my irl friends. All of which enjoyed Hawken, however not all stuck around to keep playing. A number of my friends are waiting for the 6 month mark of OpenBeta. Primarily due to the state of MM and the undergoing development of other systems such as Optimizations and Customization. Overall though, they claim to have really enjoyed Hawken.

Give it some time and I'm sure we'll see a much larger player base.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#22 KovarD

KovarD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostStutterStep, on February 13 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostSkidoosh, on February 13 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Next to no advertisement and being next to the shadow of MechWarrior Online makes it much less popular than it should be.
After suffering through a 15 minute game play video of MWO, I have no earthly idea how it could have any popularity.  It's terribly slow and ugly.  The cockpit movement in first person just made me lol, it was so terrible.  I don't think I could stomach 5 minutes in that game.

MWO is doing great, it doesn't last 5 seconds to find a match, all servers are full. Updates and improvements every week.

On other side people seems astonished by the viral first Hawken's video footage on youtube, with over 1mi views. People try it, but this game can't keep the players.

#23 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 06:52 PM

MWO is also out of beta.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules? Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#24 kinc2000

kinc2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostElix, on February 13 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

MWO is also out of beta.

there is no such thing as betas in F2P games so do not use the term betas as these type of games do not have betas (since there is no ending in the development cycle) like in many traditional games do, these games r continuously adding content as they go there by no ending and hence there is no such thing as betas

#25 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postkinc2000, on February 13 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

MWO is also out of beta.

there is no such thing as betas in F2P games so do not use the term betas as these type of games do not have betas (since there is no ending in the development cycle) like in many traditional games do, these games r continuously adding content as they go there by no ending and hence there is no such thing as betas
When it comes to ramping up marketing efforts and really trying hard to pull in huge numbers of people, or ramping up slowly while you still get everything built and tuned so you're ready for huge numbers, yes there is.

See someone breaking the rules? Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#26 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted February 13 2013 - 07:14 PM

MWO is terrible.. some people like it but it's just not for me. Slow moving boring laser fights with subpar graphics. It stands against everything I love about mech battles. And the cockpit..oh, ceiling cat, save us!

Posted Image

#27 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 07:27 PM

Rather than trash MWO, I think we can agree that the two games are very different takes on mech combat, with MWO taking a much more strategy-like approach with a slower pace, while Hawken's so much more a true FPS. Different games for different tastes.

#28 KovarD

KovarD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostAlastor_Crow, on February 13 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

MWO is terrible.. some people like it but it's just not for me. Slow moving boring laser fights with subpar graphics. It stands against everything I love about mech battles. And the cockpit..oh, ceiling cat, save us!

It would be stupid to defend MWO on Hawken forum, but each one on his own. At last MWO have cockpit, and I go further: mechwarrior have a unique cockpit for each mech, with free look, animated driver and Betty computer voice. ^_^

MWO is also out of beta.

Both still on Open Beta. Hawken is more polished in some aspects like tutorial and gamemodes.

#29 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:28 PM

People who like robots and games and pay attention to gaming news would have heard of Hawken.

Basically - a pretty niche circle.

#30 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostKovarD, on February 13 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

MWO is also out of beta.

Both still on Open Beta. Hawken is more polished in some aspects like tutorial and gamemodes.
You're right, it is actually in open beta. Derp, ignore me.

#31 Vulix

Vulix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:55 PM

MWO is just a different type of game than Hawken. it is much more of a strategic simulator, as every mistake you make is  very punishable since you only get one life per round.

Hawken, on the other hand, is a mech-based traditional FPS.

You really can't compare the two, they are for different audiences.

edit: I basically said what Elix said.

Edited by Vulix, February 13 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image
Interested in a mature and organized corporation? Check out www.carrioncrows.com

#32 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 08:58 PM

I don't know if Hawken is popular or not, but I honestly don't care.  As long as there are players on the servers, that's good enough for me ;)

Truth is, a lot of people out there just don't understand what a Mech is and the mechanics behind it.  They simply lack the imagination to picture themselves behind an actual mech, a DEATH SPURRING HUMANOID WAR MACHINE, destroying other mechs.  Then again, perhaps some of those people have figured out the symbolism of a mech:  Humans kill other humans.  Mechs with their humanoid appearance kill other mechs.  So basically, you could imagine that a mech is "the embodiment of a human being" in a big, brutal, mechanized form as if humans that were damned to hell crawled out of the earth, passing through the many layers of rock that contain various metals, and finally reach the surface and the mech is their final form that allows them to stay on the surface.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#33 Coldbound

Coldbound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationWinland

Posted February 13 2013 - 10:09 PM

My friends are not interested in this either, too busy playing dota2. :)
In my opinion, the game seems kinda dead in the uk side at least.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users