THE FIGHT CLUB TOURNAMENT HAS ARRIVED, ARE YOU READY?
Saturday March 9th for the 1v1s and Sunday March 10th for the 2v2s
I'm sure many of you had to be sure this was coming. Well, it's here, and for Fight Club 10, we wanted to do something a little bit special. So as of today, we are opening up 48 1v1 spots and 24 spots for teams of 2 to sign up for a big ass tournament, and it's going to be awesome. Players and teams will be placed into brackets at random, and we will have a few rules for the players, based on testing done during earlier fight clubs and a wee bit of theory crafting. Rules are subject to change based on further information, and any possible changes in future patches.
For the whole tournament:
- All items are allowed. Yes, this includes EMPS.
- No heat cannon, ever, at any point, on any mech; no heat scout, infiltrator, grenadier, or whatever else has heat that I can't remember
- And since there's a bit of an expectation here, the rev-gl IS ALLOWED.
- No countermeasures
- You must actively engage in fights - no getting a kill and hiding the rest of the time.
- All fights will be in bazaar, in a defined area (We'll have an image soon)
For the 1v1s
- There will be a clearly defined area in which the fights will take place. (not as small as the usual fight club arenas)
- First person to 5 kills is the winner
For the 2v2s
- Both players in a team have to contact me with consent that they both want to be on the same team.
- No doubling up on mechs, i.e. no double sharpshooters, brawlers, scouts, anything. Both players must pilot a different mech.
- No Rocketeer/Bruiser or Sharpshooter/Reaper combos either.
There will be prizes for the winner and for the runners up – we would love to have meteor credit prizes to give away, but we need the codes for that (we'll buy some off you MTR/ADH!) But in the meantime the winners and runners up in both the 1v1s and 2v2s will get a prize (through paypal, probably) for their victory! We'll work out exact details for the prizes and how to distribute them as time goes on.
The 1v1s will take place on Saturday March 9th, and will begin at 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST, and will run until we have all the fights finished, or we will run off into the next day if necessary. The 2v2s will be at the same time Sunday, or we'll continue the 1v1s as necessary at 1 p.m. Sunday, then move to the 2v2s.
Each 1v1 fight will be a several fights not limited by time, and the first person to 5 kills wins, and will move on. The semi finals and finals will be a 10 life fight under the same rules.
The 2v2s will be first team to 10 kills. The semi finals and finals will be a 20 life fight.
We'll keep this post updated with any news or changes as it happens, as well as more detail as is necessary.
This will be the arena for the fights.
For clarity, this is on the down slope of Bazaar, near Prosk's side of the map.
Update update! We'll probably be using the new facility map as the tournament arena. Wait for further details/the final thread.
And now for the listing of participants!
3) Bi0 [Flak Brawler]
4) Mackindale [Slug Reaper]
5) Sickdownlink [Flak Scout]
6) Exeon [Flak Scout]
7) Tyrone Darkhaven
8) n0c0n3 [CRT-Recruit]
9) Xithilldiex [Berserker]
10) BlackCephie [Bruiser]
11) AndytheBomb [Flak Scout]
12) _incitatus [Flak Scout]
13) Labmice00 [Vulcan Assault]
14) Mussesen [Vulcan Brawler]
15) StephenHawking [Flak Scout]
17) Rudaforce [Flak Brawler]
19) ShadowGTR [AR Berserker]
20) IDReaper [Flak Brawler]
21) Cincyslayer99 [Flak Scout]
22) Climatic [Flak Brawler]
23) OhBos [EOC Infiltrator]
24) Phed [Flak Scout]
25) Glitch_07 [Slug Sharpshooter]
26) Dhalsim [Flak Scout]
28) Saturnine [Flak Brawler]
29) Bronzebeard [Vulcan Bruiser]
30) CaliberMengsk [SMC CRT]
33) Dick_Ascended [Flak Scout]
34) Rafaelsanp [AR Infiltrator]
35) Deidarall [EOC Rocketeer]
36) DJResonance [EOC Infiltrator]
37) Infinita [SMC CRT]
39) Mal3fic [SMC CRT]
40) Araviec [Slug Reaper]
41) Hrono [SMC CRT]
42) Sylhiri [EOC Infiltrator] (What a rebel! /swoon)
43) Foureyes [EOC Rocketeer]
44) Null_Wing [Flak Scout]
45) Tman7919 [Flak Scout]
46) Onebullit [Flak Scout]
47) ExtremeUnction [Flak Brawler]
48) Dew [EOC Infiltrator]
1) Derf [Slug Reaper] and Frenotx [EOC Rocketeer]
2) Exeon [Flak Scout] and Saturnine [Flak Brawler]
3) Toryne and Kyrzon
4) Xithilldiex and Glitch_07 [Slug Sharpshooter]
5) Astrolis [Berserker] and BlackCephie [Bruiser]
6) Chray00 [Flak Scout] and WickedSoN [
7) Phed [Flak Scout] and _incitatus [SMC Berserker]
8) Climatic [Slug Sharpshooter] and ExtremeUnction [Flak Brawler]
9) Cincyslayer99 and Null_Wing
10) CaliberMengsk [SMC CRT] and Overwolf [Flak Brawler]
11) IDReaper [Flak Brawler] and Deidarall [EOC Rocketeer]
12) Dick_Ascended [Flak Scout] and 01_Tchaikovsky [Vulcan Bruiser]
13) DJResonance [EOC Infiltrator] and Masema [Vulcan CRT]
14) AndytheBomb [Flak Scout] and KeeKee [CRT]
15) Infinita [SMC CRT] and Vincentim [Flak Scout]
16) z121231211 [EOC Rocketeer] and Blindspot1993 [EOC Infiltrator]
17) Mal3fic [SMC CRT] and Xtrategy
18) Araviec [Seeker Rocketeer] and Hrono [Flak Brawler]
19) HereticZero and z0mbie [AR Berzerker]
20) RentAKnight and OhBos [Mechs TBD]
21) Anoka [EOC Rocketeer] and Xenogenesis [AM-SAR Reaper]
22) Dhalsim [Flak Scout] and Mussesen [Slug Sharpshooter]
23) Boredum and Xacius
24) Evex_Wolfwing [AM-Sar Reaper] and Arcanus44 [SMC CRT]
More teams or participants can be added if demand dictates.
If you want to be in a 2v2, but don't have a partner, come hang out in the #hawkenscrim IRC channel! Lots of great players hang out there, and you'll surely find people who are also interested in getting in on this action!
Anyone who wants to be in a 2v2 team, either both of you can post here in this thread indicating your desire to be on a team together, or you can email me at saturnineaberrance(at)gmail(dot)com
Feel free to post any comments, concerns, ransom notes, or threats!
The winner of the 1v1 and the team that wins the 2v2 will also win a set of Hawken decals like the ones linked here!
See you guys out on the battlefield!
Edited by Saturnine, March 06 2013 - 05:29 PM.