HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher hangs at Working, Unable to connect to server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HarbingTarbl

HarbingTarbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 03:41 AM

When I start the launcher it hangs at "Loaded Patcher. Working....", attempting to start the game from the "HawkenGame-Win32-Shippping.exe" reports that it cannot connect to the hawken servers.

Does anyone know what the IP/s used for the game servers are? That way I can make sure it's not something wrong with the network in my area.

Edit: I was able to play just fine Yesterday, so I don't think it's a configuration issue.

Edited by HarbingTarbl, March 01 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 01 2013 - 03:48 AM

Try running the launcher as Administrator.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules? Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 HarbingTarbl

HarbingTarbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 03:54 AM

I've already tried running both the launcher and game as Administrator, I also don't have a firewall installed and I am DMZ'ed on the router.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 01 2013 - 03:58 AM

I don't know what the IP ranges are; the game servers are hosted on AWS instances, and I'm not sure where the update/login/etc. servers are.

Do you have any security (I know you said you don't have a firewall, but antivirus?) or proxy software installed? I just tested the launcher and it's definitely able to reach the server, so Hawken is not fully down, at least.

Oh, and while you're at it, check this one thing. I've never known this to cause this specific error, but it's interfered with the launcher before. Open up Control Panel, go into Internet Options, and then pull up the Connections tab. Hit "LAN Settings", and make sure "automatically detect settings" is unchecked.

See someone breaking the rules? Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#5 HarbingTarbl

HarbingTarbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:04 AM

Automaticly detect settings is unchecked, I also don't have any active anti-virus that would interfere with Hawken. I was able to play Yesterday without any problem, so I don't think it's an issue with my machines configuration.

The routers at my dorm have been known to freak out and randonly block entire IP ranges, which is why I wanted the IP so I could trace route.

I may just need to wait it out, if it's an issue with the dorm's routers it will sort itself out within a day or so.

Edited by HarbingTarbl, March 01 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:21 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the servers are running on Amazon EC2 instances. Here is a recent Amazon post with their IP ranges for their EC2 clusters. I believe US-West is on EC2-California, and US-East is running on Virginia (where else?). They could be anywhere within those blocks, so you'll want to try maybe one or two from each entry for each region (I'd pick x.x.x.127 or just to hit the ranges in the middle, but any of them should work).

#7 HarbingTarbl

HarbingTarbl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:47 AM

Quick ping check shows that I can't connect to most of the EC2 US-East servers. Guess that's case closed then, thanks for the help.

Edited by HarbingTarbl, March 01 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:55 AM

Welp, that's annoying as a bucket of rocks down your pants, but at least it's not Hawken or your computer that's busted. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users