HAWKEN servers are up and our team balance update is live!
Forgot Password? SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Cockpit! QnA Thread

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Location-

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:24 PM

Its that time again Pilots!

This week we want to know about your thoughts with the latest patch changes?

Was there something that stuck out to you as a surprise? Something that changed that made you cringe? We want to KNOW! Also this week we have some 2K Hawken Credit codes to give out and some news to discuss.

Hope to see you all there!

Good Luck Pilots,

And may your fuel reserves never run dry.

www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#2 ultramus

ultramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:31 PM

Heat didn't need a nerf, it doesn't have the DPS to remain a good alternative to eoc.

No shield nerf is as frustrating as it is surprising.

Still no eta on party system or private servers.

But overall really like the patch, helps lower ttk, limits bad techs and aharpshooters, and brings the tow heat back down from the previous huge 20% increase.
Posted Image

#3 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:35 PM

Patch needed more notes.

Like the new Vulcan.

x2 EXP weekend had the most players I've seen playing in a long time.

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

------------------------------------------------------

<+ReachH> >.> people won't eat anything

that hasn't been pulverized into a nugget and fried

#4 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationThe MMR Factory

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:36 PM

How does each member of the cockpit crew feel about cupcakes?  Should Hawken devs turn their focus towards more pastry-oriented mech designs?  Maybe a new battleship in the form of a regular sized cake?
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

If I'm playing, I'm streaming. Boku no Pico 2 stronk

Join the first competitive Hawken league!  
http://www.tpgleague.org/hwk/

#5 ultramus

ultramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostXacius, on June 25 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

How does each member of the cockpit crew feel about cupcakes?  Should Hawken devs turn their focus towards more pastry-oriented mech designs?  Maybe a new battleship in the form of a regular sized cake?

Heading back to deliver 150 frosting units, defend the whipped cream canister in mid.

Edited by ultramus, June 25 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

#6 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted June 25 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postultramus, on June 25 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Heading back to deliver 150 frosting units, defend the whipped cream canister in mid.

So when the battleship explodes, it will rain down frosting? I can only imagine it would look something like this.

Posted Image

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there. ;)

Posted Image

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 25 2013 - 02:07 PM

Please no A-Class Cupcake variants.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 karnak

karnak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted June 25 2013 - 04:17 PM

If the shield stay this way, I think we need an offensive item that can penetrate it.

#9 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted June 25 2013 - 05:14 PM

I personally have felt a sense of things not going as well as I thought they should. How do you think the latest series of layoffs (Scrapes & Jody) will affect the continued development of Hawken ?

*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#10 Evolwar

Evolwar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWhere the action is!

Posted June 25 2013 - 08:26 PM

will we see the return of the old health bar function not design, enemy health is not seen unless you first hit them? right now you can be in the middle of a fight and see someone almost dead run around the corner you take that moment to kill the easy target then resume your current battle. just seems to take a little mystery out of the game.

right now heat management at almost overheating state takes longer to cool down than overheating altogether. will we see shorter cool downs on heat management than overheating?

will we see the speeds of mechs increase slightly?

well we see a nerf or change to the shield?

will we see some action to make he grenade more comparable to the det?

#11 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted June 25 2013 - 08:45 PM

Will we ever see some sort of class limit ?
And i ask because i'm seeing more and more games that feature only one or two different Mechs used, maybe three.
Which REALLY becomes infuriating when it's a metric shizzle ton of Sharpshooters and Reapers, because in most games, the only possible counters are to copy them and countersnipe, or to just leave.

And on a note related to the last patch : now that the Heat cannon has been nerfed (which has driven just about everyone over to the EOC, which is now the OP BS weapon of choice... If it wasn't already), will we see a decent nerf to the EOC, Slug and Sabot soon ?

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, June 25 2013 - 08:47 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d? s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y?
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#12 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted June 26 2013 - 01:26 AM

Im pretty sure we will be having a special guest tonight form the Hawken team so be sure to tune in and keep the insanity going!!
Posted Image

#13 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 26 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hopefully we find out what's up, since Scapes and the community team lost their jobs. I can't help but see big red flags.

#14 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 04:27 AM

When will tech be nerfed?

Also, guessing special guest won't be scapes :(

Edited by RedVan, June 26 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#15 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted June 26 2013 - 05:00 AM

No prevarication.  No hyperbole.  No predilection.  Just one honest* question to the panel: Given known dev / publisher aspirations in your opinion is Hawken going to make it?  (Not do you want it to.  We all want it to.)

* Accepting panellists with vested interests will not be able to answer.  Duly excused.

#16 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 05:22 AM

View Postwaftycrank, on June 26 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

No prevarication.  No hyperbole.  No predilection.  Just one honest* question to the panel: Given known dev / publisher aspirations in your opinion is Hawken going to make it?  (Not do you want it to.  We all want it to.)

* Accepting panellists with vested interests will not be able to answer.  Duly excused.

Define "make it" :D

#17 Akrium

Akrium

The Cute One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 26 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'm torn between wanting to be mad and expressing it and knowing how much it will be putting on 1 person they did keep and I respect.

But I guess I will go with:

Does this mean that all community aspects of the game will now be handled by the Adhesive team? If so, how long before we have more than 1 community dev. As I think they would have moved everyone if they could have afforded it right now.

Also

With this double step backwards with the game. While the coding is continuing to move forward, how is Meteor going to help at this point? What will their reduced role be now? As my issue is not with Adhesive but the Meteor company. It is an odd feeling that I want to stick around for Adhesive but want to leave because of Meteor and their obvious lack of understanding of how to run their company and support a game. This is a first that I've experienced this and am not sure how to feel about it.

All in all, I am one step from just not playing this game anymore. It is only the respect of what this game could become and Adhesives work that is keeping me here (and Zamboni, but he is ADH now thankfully). I can say that I am no longer interested in going to any PAX showing as it is typically just Meteor run events. I'm done with supporting that side of this game until they show something worth supporting. Meteor... you screwed up someplace. I hope you figure things out quickly for the sake of Adhesive and their potentially awesome game. Because as it stands, it feels like you have no concern about treating the players right with the way you treat the community devs. It really is a reflection of your feelings about us as well.

Hmm guess I did just let it out. Sorry ZC.
The CockPit - Wednesdays 10pm EST/7pm PST/Thur 3am GMT. A group of players talking about the game you are playing.

Most of the time I'm just cute. The rest of the time I am killing you.

#18 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted June 26 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostRedVan, on June 26 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Fair point.  Everyone has different benchmark.  Could offer my own definition but don't want to supply a bias.  Leave it to respondents to define their own benchmark.

#19 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted June 26 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Postwaftycrank, on June 26 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on June 26 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

Fair point.  Everyone has different benchmark.  Could offer my own definition but don't want to supply a bias.  Leave it to respondents to define their own benchmark.

Honestly, I am more and more thinking that it won't. I could give you the reasons as to why I think so, but I'm not in the mood to have someone decimate any point I make.

Get your hard on.

#20 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted June 26 2013 - 06:55 AM

hay guys.

Same question i always ask.

Buff to Miniflak and nerf to TOW made cupcake not terribly underpowered.
Should we make the loadout available to all?

Edited by h0B0, June 26 2013 - 06:55 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users