• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

How many times am i expected to que Before i ACTUALLY get into a match??

I mean CUMMON!!!!

Really 14 tries and i still cant enter a server?

• Nov8tr likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

14492368_1428077260540595_82261334396371

::eoc/bolt Pred::Eoc Infil::Vulcanador::Manguard::Hawkins Tech::Zerker::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I think it's due to them messing with matchmaking, there's a thread for that right now.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

I think it's due to them messing with matchmaking, there's a thread for that right now.

Acguy --- stating the obvious since Dec 9th 2016.  

• DemitronPrime likes this

1968 SS396 Chevelle

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

If he's talking about the thing where you click on the game in the server browser that should be joinable but it won't let you still, that's been around for ages.  Honestly it's often just faster to get into a game via the matchmaker, and you kinda always know which game its going to stick you in anyways.

PC Hawken support is dead (drink?).  My current support ticket has been open for (3) months now.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Well it wasn't obvious to OP. 

• Miscellaneous, Kindos7 and TheButtSatisfier like this

Spoiler

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Honestly it's often just faster to get into a game via the matchmaker, and you kinda always know which game its going to stick you in anyways.

I'd wager that won't apply since the matchmaker changes and region expansion.

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

What's obvious is the fact that you're incapable of making friends without attempting to use enemy-of-my enemy reasoning. You always talk as though you're speaking to an audience because, ultimately, you're lonely; compared to other people, you reply to far more comments which were directed towards others than directed towards yourself. Even in the matchmaker v2 thread, you consistently attempted to butt in to a conversation between hestoned and captain crunch and repeatedly spoke as though they were disagreeing, in spite of the fact that the captain agreed with hestoned in all cases, with the exception of the cases where he even promised to do more. You next reply will (or would) be to say "instead of analyzing, just ask me dir-" because you need to present your own touched-up image of yourself, since you actually already know you have this problem and just willfully keep diving into your enemy-of-my-enemy bouts because you've fallen victim to your own gambler's fallacy. Telling yourself "it'll pay off eventually" and that "I'm not good at any other approaches anyway, it's the only decision I can make" is a mistake; the very action of considering your own options when it isn't your decision to make is naiive. People aren't planets you can land on and stick your flag in. If you want to be less unhappy, don't force it.

But that's just me pointing out the obvious. Go ahead, blow it off.

Edited by Acguy, 07 January 2017 - 06:36 AM.

• coldform, DerMax, Rainbow_Sheep and 2 others like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

*Naive 

Demitron,  I think the star system reflects Josh' categories:

• Three-star, you can join by selecting manually.

• Two-star, you cannot join manually, and the automated queue will try many things (sometimes including starting a new server) before putting you in it

• One-star, forget it, your MMR is over the max to be allowed in.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

I always get a game when I queue. 

Are you needing more skill to get into better public games? 

Theres also the manual approach to joining servers.. try that?

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

My first go with the changes to MM, it put me in a match within 20 seconds. It dropped me in a server by myself.  second try put me in a full server, which was following the revolving door issue - one-sided match leads to ragequitters and volunteering for side switching twice in the same match. the other issue that leads to such a case is that since there aren't that many active servers, people RQ, only to wind up back in the same server.

again, HTC smurfing and low pop problems.

Demi, just keep trying.  MM will do the best to get you into a match.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

categories: ... Three... Two... One

Isn't zero-star also a category? If one-star means you can't even enter, then what role would zero serve?

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

What's obvious is the fact that you're incapable of making friends without attempting to use enemy-of-my enemy reasoning. You always talk as though you're speaking to an audience because, ultimately, you're lonely; compared to other people, you reply to far more comments which were directed towards others than directed towards yourself. Even in the matchmaker v2 thread, you consistently attempted to butt in to a conversation between hestoned and captain crunch and repeatedly spoke as though they were disagreeing, in spite of the fact that the captain agreed with hestoned in all cases, with the exception of the cases where he even promised to do more. You next reply will (or would) be to say "instead of analyzing, just ask me dir-" because you need to present your own touched-up image of yourself, since you actually already know you have this problem and just willfully keep diving into your enemy-of-my-enemy bouts because you've fallen victim to your own gambler's fallacy. Telling yourself "it'll pay off eventually" and that "I'm not good at any other approaches anyway, it's the only decision I can make" is a mistake; the very action of considering your own options when it isn't your decision to make is naiive. People aren't planets you can land on and stick your flag in. If you want to be less unhappy, don't force it.

We are on a public forum, we are all talking to an audience and no one in particular, especially when you don't quote someones post for reference.  

I just thought another one of your oh so informative comments was humorous and worthy of pointing out, thats all.

I wasn't butting into a conversation repeatedly between Hestoned and Josh you fool.  I was responding to Hestoned once Hestoned responded to my post directed at Josh, and a conversation between only Hestoned and myself ensued from there.  At no point was I interrupting Hestoneds and Josh's conversation, I only responded to Hestoneds posts that pertained to me.  Hestoned and Joshs conversation was going on in PARALLEL, a common occurrence on an online forum.  I realize this is difficult for you to comprehend but please learn to follow along and pay attention, it benefits us all in the long run.   

Again, in all of your excess fluff and diarrhea of the mouth you've used another reference to "Captain Crunch".  I asked you about this before.  I'm puzzled as to why you keep calling someone as important as Josh, something other than his chosen callsign.  I figured you'd learn from your mistake the first time, but as it been pointed out with the use of "greenfinger" this doesn't seem to be the case with you.

1968 SS396 Chevelle

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

-snip-

sure, greenfinger :)

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

sure, greenfinger :)

Ok, blackfoot.

1968 SS396 Chevelle

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Ok, blackfoot.

I told you SS, don't force it

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

You responded with gibberish that contained a color and a body part, and so did I.  I've asked you for the meaning of greenfinger multiple times and you refuse to provide one.  From my point of view the more you use it the more it makes you look like a moron, same with calling CapnJosh Captain Crunch.

1968 SS396 Chevelle

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

acguy, i wouldnt indulge ss so much unless hes incorrectly pointing out something based off false assumptions. which is alot. your kinda new so you dont understand how deep his victim complex goes. the one time i was in the same server with him all he did was complain in chat about what a victim he is. no one had even said anything to him. when the forums were more populated he would routinely attack anyone he deemed better than him. which is alot of people. mainly just insults really. you should have been around when the high tier cabal was a thing. apparently him and a couple other people really thought us higher level players just sat around thinking of ways to make the game worse for new players. smurfing and pubstomping and the like. what he and others didnt realize was that for me and others to pubstomp we simply had to launch the game. it really just boils down to jealousy. if i were as bad at the game as him i would lash out too.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

acguy, i wouldnt indulge ss so much unless hes incorrectly pointing out something based off false assumptions. which is alot. your kinda new so you dont understand how deep his victim complex goes. the one time i was in the same server with him all he did was complain in chat about what a victim he is. no one had even said anything to him. when the forums were more populated he would routinely attack anyone he deemed better than him. which is alot of people. mainly just insults really. you should have been around when the high tier cabal was a thing. apparently him and a couple other people really thought us higher level players just sat around thinking of ways to make the game worse for new players. smurfing and pubstomping and the like. what he and others didnt realize was that for me and others to pubstomp we simply had to launch the game. it really just boils down to jealousy. if i were as bad at the game as him i would lash out too.

Ha.  You are nothing but a console player, acguy said so.

1968 SS396 Chevelle

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Isn't zero-star also a category? If one-star means you can't even enter, then what role would zero serve?

Sure. You can be the first in, and set the star rating for everyone else.

• coldform likes this

You should call me Luna.

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Thats it? I'm pretty sure I've seen zero-star rooms with people in them, but it isn't like I have any specific examples coming to mind. I guess I'll keep an eye out and take a screenshot if I do see one.

In his defense I guess don't think he'd be any less obnoxious even if he were the best person here.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Thats it? I'm pretty sure I've seen zero-star rooms with people in them, but it isn't like I have any specific examples coming to mind. I guess I'll keep an eye out and take a screenshot if I do see one.

Kitty_Corner is a private server still up. Maybe that's it?

You should call me Luna.

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

I wouldn't know from memory. Do private servers totally go past the matchmaking system though? I'd assume so, but better to ask than to guess.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

I wouldn't know from memory. Do private servers totally go past the matchmaking system though? I'd assume so, but better to ask than to guess.

They do.  Although you cannot queue for them through the auto queue.  You select them through the server browser and in most cases one should be allowed to join ignoring normal MMR restrictions. Once within the server, they function exactly like every other server (aside from the line of commands anyone with the admin password has, which would change certain things within the server).

Edited by Silverfire, 07 January 2017 - 04:57 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

They do.  Although you cannot queue for them through the auto queue.  You select them through the server browser and in most cases one should be allowed to join ignoring normal MMR restrictions. Once within the server, they function exactly like every other server (aside from the line of commands anyone with the admin password has, which would change certain things within the server).

Huh. I wonder if there's a way to just directly manipulate your mmr on private servers. I'd bet you could convince it someone with a super low mmr came in and beat the snot out of you, thus lowering your own. Given that you could do so manually with enough people, there's probably a way to automate the process. Would definitely end up being more convenient than making new smurf accounts.

Not that I'm condoning anything.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Huh. I wonder if there's a way to just directly manipulate your mmr on private servers. I'd bet you could convince it someone with a super low mmr came in and beat the snot out of you, thus lowering your own. Given that you could do so manually with enough people, there's probably a way to automate the process. Would definitely end up being more convenient than making new smurf accounts.

Not that I'm condoning anything.

You could do that, yes.  It's not uncommon to see smurfs come into games and dominate, thus lowering the MMR for the players who are the in skill tier at which the smurf belongs to (but yet the MMR does not reflect accurately yet).  You don't even need a private server for this.

Automation? I doubt it but if someone figures it out, kudos.

Edited by Silverfire, 07 January 2017 - 06:27 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Serious?

Really?

Several of you need to go take a cold shower, send each other some flowers and admit you have  secret crush on each other...

Either that or go find a hole and derail some OTHER thread...

As to Changes... When?

LOLOLOLOL

No steam updates blah blah so ANY changes are SERVER SIDE, but tbh that is irrelevant to what i am saying, for many of you it probibly ISNT an issue because you are IN north america... the point i am getting at is that the server Reservation is Timing out before i can join a match AT ALL!

be it Choose a server and join... or QUE...

do you know how infuriating it is to have to re que five times in a row?

I cannot CHOOSE a server and join, despite ANY star rating...

I que... it says launching.. then Reservation failed...

hmmmm i wonder why i havent been playing lately?

or is that a BIT obvious?

• 1uster likes this

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

You could do that, yes.  It's not uncommon to see smurfs come into games and dominate, thus lowering the MMR for the players who are the in skill tier at which the smurf belongs to (but yet the MMR does not reflect accurately yet).  You don't even need a private server for this.

Automation? I doubt it but if someone figures it out, kudos.

The automation part is the part which would likely require a private server/commands

Several of you need to go take a cold shower, send each other some flowers and admit you have  secret crush on each other

but SS just needs to take a cold shower because he got RRRRRRRROASTED

though seriously, I don't think derailing something that was kindof a redundant thread in the first place is too big a deal

As to Changes... When?

Constantly. The changes thus far seem to be the actual issue, devs are testing stuff. Other than that, the best answer anyone's going to give you is "Soon™".

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Current private servers and commands available right now would not allow any sort of automated process, as far as I am aware.

lNM7VnC.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
Some out of range matches will provide this error. It's an unfortunate side effect of the matchmaking changes; we had to fake the servers you are allowed to join by expanding the variable that the client reads from the server so that players are at least presented with the options of joining a normally out of range under the old system server.

I am off until tomorrow so I cant really confirm but that sounds like what is going on here. That, and the MM has had issues since the dawn of time regarding the browser. Using the queue will always work fine.

Lastly, the client will actually reflect these changes when we do push out the relaunch patch. So it will largely go away then.
  • Rainbow_Sheep and DemitronPrime like this

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

http://hawken.heroku...com/user/acguy 

I think you need to play more before you should worry about getting into good servers. I know I do. Looks like you're not doing too bad on Raider. Keep shooting and get that KD up.

• 1uster and DemitronPrime like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Some out of range matches will provide this error. It's an unfortunate side effect of the matchmaking changes; we had to fake the servers you are allowed to join by expanding the variable that the client reads from the server so that players are at least presented with the options of joining a normally out of range under the old system server.

I am off until tomorrow so I cant really confirm but that sounds like what is going on here. That, and the MM has had issues since the dawn of time regarding the browser. Using the queue will always work fine.

Lastly, the client will actually reflect these changes when we do push out the relaunch patch. So it will largely go away then.

This makes sense...

thanks for explaining, though you may need to loook at the MM...

because its not just when i manually select servers... its happening when i que also

2XhpJes.png

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

http://hawken.heroku...com/user/acguy 

I think you need to play more before you should worry about getting into good servers. I know I do. Looks like you're not doing too bad on Raider. Keep shooting and get that KD up.

People should be able to play and still worry about getting into good servers regardless of their playtime.

lNM7VnC.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

People should be able to play and still worry about getting into good servers regardless of their playtime.

Agreed,

Despite MMR or Region, Hawken is a game that people deserve to be able to PLAY

for the greater good... and all...

See my issue here is not " oh my mmr is blocking games " etc etc, The point I was raising that the changes to MM ( that i was partly unaware of) have created a glitch for SOME people ( IE.. Me )

2XhpJes.png

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

57594826.jpg :thumbsup:

• Arkhaun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users