• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We have recently pushed a hotfix to XB1/PS4. Below are the notes for the PC section, so you may discuss the hotfix among other PC players that may have played on consoles.

Please note that this only applies to console, not the PC game until the relaunch hits.

- Armor Fusor

•   Now grants the expected amount of health over time.

- Repair Torch

•   Now heals as expected and equipped as the secondary weapon of the technician once more

- Repair Field Generator

•   Effectiveness is now 50% of the normal Repair torch effect (down from 95%)

- Turret Placement

•   Players can now place a maximum of two active turrets. However these turrets can be of one or both types. Ie. A player may place two rocket turrets, two Machine gun turrets or one of each.

Dev Notes:

•   Allowing 3 turrets of each type upset a lot of players as it drastically affected the flow of the game. We feel that allowing 2 maximum turrets but granting players flexibility regarding turret type will make turrets more effective but not as overwhelming as they were before.

-36M

•   Reduced Damage taken in Heavy mode in front by 15%
  •   Increased Movement Speed in Heavy mode (previously immobilized)
  •   Increased Boost Speed in Heavy mode by 50%

Dev Notes:

•   The 36Mís immobility left it feeling vulnerable and ineffective. We feel these changes make it mobile enough to be effective without diverging too much from the powerful hulking feel of the mech.

Jobs:

• EMP Blast Ability has a slightly larger radius

Dev Notes:

•    The most recent Jobs nerf left the EMP Blast ability feeling a bit too anemic. This boost in radius should leave it feeling a bit more effective while still 25% less than it was originally.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where players could not 180 spin immediately after boosting forward
  • Fixed an issue where an empty pro tip dialogue would display at the start of a match.
  • Reduced client disconnections while in a match.
  • There should be fewer cases of the client booting you back to the main menu while you were in a match.  This was caused by some extraneous polling the client was doing to make sure it could still talk to our backend services. While connected to a game server, it doesnít really matter that much if the client can or cannot talk to our backend, so these disconnects were generally useless or incorrect.
  • Fixed Class A Mech icons.
  • Xs should no longer be the only thing shown in scoreboard

• XPloyt, DerMax, crockrocket and 11 others like this

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

So the EMp is now garbage?

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

So the Jobs EMP ability is now balanced?

ftfy

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Well a lot of this stuff looks solid I guess, still can't comment on the new mechs having no experience with them.

The technician repair field internal providing 95% of the single target healing in an aoe sounds absolutely hilarious, I'm glad that was changed before hitting the PC.

Only thing I can provide feeback on is the turret count change.  Putting down 3 turrets would be crazy obviously, I'm not surprised people were mad about that.  Even 2 turrets might be too strong frankly, although on PC turrets are not really taken often.  It's not that they are bad, it's just that there are better items to take.  My concern that allowing 2 turrets up simultaneously would be too strong, and then you'd nerf turrets, which would just devalue carrying less than 2 turrets, which wouldn't help make the item desirable.  But as always I'd have to play around with the change to really offer feedback that isn't pure conjecture.

• Zebanchi likes this

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Thank the lord

Each person having 6 possible turrets out was absurd (3 of rocket, 3 of MG) and took the game from being hawken, to being turret bunker simulator 2017.  Essentially both teams would just set up all their turrets and poke out every so often, vs the more frantic nature of the hawken we know and love.  It was boring and slow, i am so happy for this change.

The 36M changes do sound quite nice, allowing it to actually do something in its turret form and not dying instantly from not being able to move.

• Bergwein and DemitronPrime like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2047 posts

I think, it is great in general. but you forgot fix another thing. return a Grenadier GL in right hand.

• Miscellaneous, Neraste, Charcoal and 2 others like this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

return a Grenadier GL in right hand.

This is not a request, but a demand. We demand it, RLD.

Edited by DeeRax, 16 March 2017 - 01:29 PM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Thank the lord

Each person having 6 possible turrets out was absurd (3 of rocket, 3 of MG) and took the game from being hawken, to being turret bunker simulator 2017.  Essentially both teams would just set up all their turrets and poke out every so often, vs the more frantic nature of the hawken we know and love.  It was boring and slow, i am so happy for this change.

The 36M changes do sound quite nice, allowing it to actually do something in its turret form and not dying instantly from not being able to move.

Woah, are you serious?  That sounds horrible.

Okay to reiterate, I don't think anyone should ever be able to have more than 2 turrets deployed at a time, be it 2 mg turrets, 2 rockets turrets, or 1 of each.  I think you can deploy one of each on PC right now?  Honestly allowing 2 of the same turret sounds like the perfect buff to turrets (you'd be able to have 2 mg turrets up for 3 item slots, rather than 1 of each for 4 slots minimum, as it is now).

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
So i did a test match with it and i can safely say the the 36M isn't really "good" but it gets the job done.

Boosting while turreted does next to nothing but you now can always just walk very slowly in every direction, this coupled with the damage reduction gives it just enough armor to not get torn to shreds while not making it too tanky.

Now it may move slow as a snail but it can still do its job of melting through anything in close to mid-range, though its accuracy still makes it so that most things can stay far enough away from it with moderate ease, it still needs tinkering but i wouldn't call it terrible.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

I think i posted somewhere a pic of a mech i drew.. The idea behind it was that it would probably have no weapons of it's own (vampiric torch maybe) and that it would be sort of a engineeer/salvager collecting active enemy turrets and building turrets himself and as an ability building one mega turret too. It's probably a wrong place to talk about this but an ability to place multiple turrets could be like a specialty of such a mech.

edit: i forgot and he has to be the fastest mech ingame.. this very small chap that can just run away and do his turret thing lolz

Edited by dorobo, 16 March 2017 - 02:18 AM.

• Bergwein and DeeRax like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

I think i posted somewhere a pic of a mech i drew..

So, basically ...

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

So, basically ...

you should've used TeamFortress (: but yeah.. and im sure it can be built upon to make it more interesting/dynamic.

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

its good to know that the 36mm is getting more viability

i like how fast it want from no dmg resist to 15% I remember when brawler was 10% reduced to front in turret and took many moons to fix it to 30%

that, and now that heavy can properly slide alongside the other C-class gators

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

its good to know that the 36mm is getting more viability

i like how fast it want from no dmg resist to 15% I remember when brawler was 10% reduced to front in turret and took many moons to fix it to 30%

that, and now that heavy can properly slide alongside the other C-class gators

I thought brawler has always been 10% dr?

Anyways does anyone have footage of the 36m?  Can't really make any judgements without at least seeing it in action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users