The main idea - you can buy and choose alternative abilities for every mech, the same like primary weapon choice. Let say, you should buy it for 4000 or 5000 HC (maybe 3000 HC).
you probably know, that some mechs have a "best weapon loadout", which is working more great with mech ability, or working super-bad with ability. For example, Flak-brawler, and his turret mode, which working not really good, or reaper with slug, which have useless ability due the slug have 0 spread and can't miss. (but it is not the point)
Just for examples:
Default Ability - Turret Mode, +30% front armor, -20% back armor, + HP regen.
Alternative Ability - Turret Mode, +55% front armor, -50% back armor, +35% boost speed while turret, No HP regen.
- Default Turret mode is a slow tank, can be good with SA-Hawkins, sit on top of AA and be a "king of assist", or use Flak, got a high front armor and turret-speed, be sudden, but no HP regen. it is a one-way ticket for you... and for your enemy :C
Default Ability - +30-40% accuracy
Alternative Ability - +10% Boost speed on 10 sec.
- Use weapon spread bonus to increace your pathetic accuracy with RPR or SAMSAM, or be a man, use slug, and got some bonus speed while u use boost. aye.
Default Ability - Cooling unit
Alternative Ability - +% walking speed on 10 sec.
- Use standart cooling unit with AR, or use "Vulcan + Walking speed" combo, to shred some nubs into pieces, and pursuit everyone which u see.
4) Grenadier (this console sheet with 2 Rev-GL without bouncing)
Default Ability - Turret mode, +40% front armor, +25% splash radius, -10% damage
Alternative Ability - Turret mode, +40% front armor, +20% explosion damage, -20% splash radius
- Just choose between "massive damage", or "super splash". no compromise.
Default ability - Blitz - current +% bonus speed
Alternative Ability - Ricochet - on a 10 seconds all your weapons got an ability to "Ricochet" 1 more times (Reflak have 2 ricochets), very fast cooldown (about 10 sec). All ricochet bullets/grenades got +50% damage after ricochet. kill it with style.
- It is mean if you shoot KLA grenade in ground or wall, it bouncing like a Rev-GL. EOK mines or T32 also bouncing. MIRV projectiles increase its lifespan after ricochet.
i'm 90% sure you can got some Unexpected results with KLA+EOK ricochets behind the wall on origin, and deal 150% damage for some loser (or some scout one-shot xD). (p.s. Reflak have a +100% potencial damage, due the 2 ricochets (50%+50%))
6) Bruiser (fuzzy bunnyng bruiser, as i should say)
Default ability - +% bonus armor
Alternative ability - on a 8 sec enemies in 50m radius get a -15% armor. it is stacking with tech-redox (to -30% max)
- Be a ugly half-tank-mixed-range-what-i-should-do mech, or just be a team support-debaffer. ez.
Another crazy abilities variations for mechs:
7) Rocketer - Melee - Passive ability, +50% damage, (not turret mode), mech lose his ability to lock-on and guide missiles (straigh flight seeker, lol). can be great with EOK or Heat (for higher alphastrike).
8) Vanguard - Fuel replenisher - +50% fuel tank, (old scout ability, without bonus speed, instead turret mode)
9) Civ - Lurcher - Destroying all enemy radar and scramblers in 90-100m radius. (trololo ability :D, working the same way like old countermeasures do. bacoz why not?)
10) Tech - Cavorite Aura - All teammates around you give a +10% bonus armor on 8-10 sec.
(i'm not sure how it wring, fuzzy bunny Covorite, Cavorite, Cavorit... well, this fuzzy bunny regenerating metal from lore)
11) Incinerator - Transfer heat - The same animation with current on, but lil faster, add your heat to all enemies around you. if you have 90% heat, very big chance that enemies just overheat and can't kill you (like they always do now with current ability :D)
12) Infiltrator - Hack - on a 10 sec have a "predator vision" (wall hack), but lose invisibilty and bonus speed.
13) G2-R (maradeur) - Tighter spread - on 10 sec. have a +10% fire rate, +50% min-max fallof damage, all weapons have -50% spread. it is mean, T32 can shoot on x2 far distances, with spread ~equal reflak35, MIRV spread is very accuracy, and KLA grenade flight with almost straight line trajectory like a TOW. can be fun :3
14) Bruiser - Warlord - increase all teammates armor on 15% on 8 sec in 100m radius, but not for himself. totally teambased ability. useless 1vs1.
etc. it is all about game balance and devs imagination.
it is probably can increase gameplay quality on some ugly, unplayable or not competitive mechs loadout, and also give a people some more things on which they can spent some HC credits.
also give you ability to change everything. (i like ricochet ability for raider, for all weapons, it can be really crazy and fresh gameplay. it is also can have some alternatives for mech like berserker (press F to win ability), but obviously, alternate abilities should not be "+% to damage" ability, bacoz if yes, everyone just equip this on mech, it is should working like "give a more advantages for mech wich alternative weapon loadout.
U can also swap abilities after death (the same way like weapon), so you mech can be unexpected, and you also got some variations onto battlefield, or can be equip ability which more succes in current match (current map) for your opinion. it is great?
wat u tink guys?
Edited by nepacaka, 18 April 2017 - 12:47 PM.